Thursday, September 15, 2011

Corn Fields, ATV's, and Bears - Oh My!

We just returned from the first annual Lusby Family Vacation. This past Christmas, Brian's mom decided that she would rather do family vacations then to buy presents for all of us. We were sold!!

We spent a week in the Georgia Mountains and stayed in a three bedroom villa in Ellijay.
The highlights of my trip were:
-Cagle Farm Corn Maze: Brian and I had never been through a corn maze! There were clues along the way to help you out and I was so glad it wasn't eery out. I abhor Jeepers Creepers (the movie) and corn fields kind of freak me out now.... Brian got a head start and got so excited that he worked himself up into a hot sweat. He got sick halfway through the corn maze and I took advantage of the moment! You will see a picture of Brian, on his knees, grasping the corn, puking. Don't worry - no puking was filmed, but it was funny to see him like that. I know! I shouldn't be so mean, but gosh darnit he is always picking on me and now it's my turn!

-Cartecay River Experience: We floated (I mean STRUGGLED) down the Cartecay River in tubes and kayaks. The boys (Brian & Kevin) rode in kayaks and the girls (Mom-in-law, Britny (Kev's gf), and myself) took the tubes for a ride.I swear we got stuck on EVERY rock! At the end, we tubed down this Class 3 rapid that would scare your daddy! FOR REAL!

-Helen, GA: We visited this quaint alpine village for a day. Did some shopping, mainly for candy, and went to a Bear exhibit. Those bears are circus bears - I swear! They were so used to being fed, that they would just open their mouth and wait for you to throw some food as soon as they saw you. One bear would even copy a hand motion when my father-in-law waved his hand at him. TOO FUNNY!

-ATVing : We rode four wheelers for FOUR HOURS! That was the biggest workout I've had in years. My arms and shoulders and back were so stiff for the next few days, I felt like crying when I laid in bed at night. It was so much fun, but soooo scary! Ignoring my warnings, my husband and brother-in-law decided to try the "expert" trails that were "off-limits" that day - and Britny went along with them. They were gone for about 30 minutes until we got one of the rangers to go looking for them. As expected, the trail was too rough and Britny's four-wheeler had flipped on her. There was no severe damage, but we had to pay $100 to fix the handlebars and Britny's leg was pretty battered - not to mention she was so shook up from the experience.

So- here are some photos of highlights from our journey. It was a great time with family (and Friends) and we look forward to the future Lusby Family Vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment