Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I am my worst enemy!

I am THE worst when it comes to talking myself out of things. Every morning, I set my alarm to wake up early to exercise AND every morning I hit the snooze button several times.


I talk myself out of getting up that early, then I talk myself out of exercising at all in the morning. I reluctantly drag myself out of bed, get ready in 30 minutes and then head to work with a full belly, because unlike ME, my husband gets up early and makes breakfast for us! Once I get home from work, I talk myself out of walking my dog or doing a workout on the Wii. I talk myself out of eating healthy and trying not to get seconds, because who wants to be hungry before bedtime???!?! And my husband's cooking is just extravagant! I'm talking good ol' home cooking. He can make peas and carrots taste good! ;-)

I just can't believe how much I can talk myself out of doing. If I could only do it the other way around and talk myself into doing things I want to do and NEED to do! Self-motivation is the key! I think I lost that somewhere along the way and am desperate to get it back. Let's see if I can learn to talk myself out of talking myself out of something today!

This weekend, we went putt-putt golfing at Pirates Cove with my brother-in-law and his gorgeous girlfriend. Talk about a workout! My legs are so sore from two hours of squatting and bending and climbing stairs at that place....I don't see why I should overextend myself with exercising today...SEEEE--THAT's what I'm talking about! I totally can make up ANY excuse as to why I shouldn't do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment